References and Recommended Reading
Not many books and this selection is rather eclectic - I had read even fewer until I had written most of my little work. However, I may expand this and include hyperlinks.
- SPIRITUAL JOURNEYS/BIOGRAPHIES
- 'The Life and Times of Luang Phaw Wat Paknam' published by Dhammakaya Foundation, Patumthani, Thailand, 1996
- 'Sai Baba - The Embodiment of Love' by Peggy Mason and Ron Laing, ISBN 0-046551-5-9, published by Gateway Books, Bath,
3rd edition, 1993 (reprinted 1994)
- 'Autobiography of a Yogi' by Paramahansa Yogananda ISBN 0-87612-079-6, published by Self Realization Fellowship, 12th edition 1993.
- 'For God and Neighbour - The Life and Work of PADRE PIO' by
Anthony Pandiscia, English translation, ISBN 0-85439-373-0, published
by St. Paul publications, Middlegreen, Slough SL3 6BT, 1991.
- 'A Meditator's Diary' by Jane Hamilton-Merritt ISBN 0-285-62222-
6, 1st published in GB in 1976 by Souvenir Press Ltd., London; ISBN
0-04-294131-8, published by Mandala Books, Unwin Hyman Ltd., London,
1986, reprinted 1990.
- 'Life as a Siamese Monk' by Richard Randall ISBN 0 9511769 2 7,
published by Aukana Publishing, 9 Masons Lane, Bradford on Avon,
Wiltshire BA15 1QN, 1990.
- 'Zen and the Bible' by J. Kakichi Kadowaki ISBN 0-14-019225-5,
published by Arkana, Penguin books, 1989.
- SCRIPTURES and APOCRYPHA
- 'New Testament and Psalms' New International Version, presented
by Gideons International in the British Isles.
- 'The Gnostic Gospels' by Elaine Pagels ISBN 0 297 77709 2, 1st
published in GB in 1980 by George Weidenfield and Nicolson Ltd; ISBN
0-14-013468-9, published by Pelican Books 1982, reprinted by Penguin
- ACCOUNTS/ANALYSIS of PRACTICE through HISTORY
- 'Hermits' by Peter France, published by Pimlico, ISBN 0-7126-7363-6, 1997
- MANUALS and GUIDES to PRACTICE
- 'The Interior Castle' by Teresa of Avila, published by Hodder & Stoughton (Christian Classics), London, 1993
- COMPARATIVE RELIGION
- 'Buddhism and Christianity - their inner affinity' by Antony
Fernando, published by the Ecumenical Institute for Study and Dialogue
490/5, Havelock Road, Colombo 6, Sri Lanka. (2nd edition: 1983).
- GENERAL REFERENCE
- 'The Penguin Dictionary of Religions' edited by John R. Hinnells,
ISBN 0-14-051106-7, 1st published by Penguin Books 1984.
- © Paul Trafford 1996,97